3/05/2016

A lake creature called Pepie.

Mysterious.  Chilling.  Exciting.  All of those words describe the unknown.  I have been interested in Supernatural subjects for as long as I remember.  Growing up we heard about Nessie, the lake creature of Lock Ness.   And then last summer, I heard about a lake creature right here in Minnesota.  In fact, one who resides in the area where I often travel to and photograph the magnificent bald eagles who congregate there on the river in the wintertime. 

Listening to the radio one morning on the way to work, I heard something about Minnesota lake creatures.  They mentioned that the most famous and had most sightings was one in Lake Pepin on the Mississippi River.  I  read as much a I could and then and my daughter Kacie and I drove down to Lake City one summer day to learn about this creature.  We stopped at the gift shop in town and the owner happily regaled us with stories of Pepie. 

We bought Pepie t-shirts and the book about her written by some paranormal researchers out of Wisconsin.  We then went to Big Bear Pizzeria, where we had a delicious lunch and gazed up the photograph the wall of Pepie.  This photo was taken by the owner of the restaurant.  In fact?  It is a Pepie Spotting Station - if you see her?  You have to report in. 


Reading about Pepie with my sweet Zoey!
Needless to say, I read that book cover to cover within a couple days, and of course Pepie has become almost an obsession for me.  We returned to the giftstore in September to purchase a stuffed Pepie for our booth at Paracon where I talked to Loren Coleman at Paracon about Pepie.  Loren is one of the world’s leading crypto zoologists, and we talked about many of the worlds lake creatures.

Do I think there is more than one creature in Lake Pepin?  Well, I would assume so unless Pepie is immortal.  Could she be?  Well?  Gee, I guess I could ask also could Pepie be an inter-dimensional creature?  Could it be that she slips in and out of our dimension?  And who knows but does it make sense that she has an easier time slipping into our world when the veil between the worlds is thin?  This is when she able to come through more than at any other time.  This is why I just have to be on a boat on Lake Pepin searching for her come October when the veil is really thin.  I just know?  I want to SEE her.  It’s the dreamer in me of course….but I will search for her, you can count on that.  

Next Saturday, on 3/12 we will be in Lake City at that same Pizzeria hosting a supernatural chat.  PEPIE will be a big topic of conversation I just know, and I will learn all I can.  Come to Lake City next weekend and join us; we will be talking about  all the supernatural subjects that we investigate; Ghosts, Bigfoot, UFO’s, and Pepie.  And if you are in Lake City and you have seen Pepie?  Please come and tell us you story!


Pepie adorning our booth at Paracon!